IntroductionThe chances of survival, the "lay" defibrillator, and first aid training in the workplace
The diagram below shows the chance of survival depending on the time elapsed – WITHOUT proper chest compression.
Common defibrillators leave you without help during chest compressions.
(CPR = cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
The diagram below shows the chance of survival depending on the time elapsed – WITH proper chest compression.
This is where the ZOLL AED Plus program can help.
(CPR = cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
Some reasons why ZOLL AED PLUS is the easiest to use defibrillator and some advantages over other devices:
- The cover of AED PLUS gives help in ensuring airways, as it can be used as a passive airway-providing instrument.
- It supports the whole CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) process and also delivers a shock (it leads through all steps, while the other devices usually do not).
- It has a self-testing function, which works even when the device is switched off!
- The two electrodes are built together; the cross mark on the compression sensor helps the positioning (with other devices, the correct placement of the separate electrodes is not fully clear for lay life-savers).
- A built-in chest compression sensor/feedback function is available (it is a great help, especially when the device is operated by a lay life-saver – with other devices, it is not typical).
- The lower electrode can be separated and positioned according to body size; it can even be used on a person with a weight of over 140 kg (no need for a higher Joule!).
- Running costs of the ZOLL AED Plus. ALREADY IN THE FIRST FOUR YEARS, THE PURCHASE PRICE + RUNNING COST related to batteries = THE LOWEST in the market.
- The electrode has a guarantee of 5 years (while others usually have 2 or 3).
- The lifetime of new batteries is 5 years (10 lithium batteries), or they can deliver 300 shocks, and even at the end of their lifetime, they are able to deliver a minimum of 150 shocks, which provides a safe background. In addition, in the AED PLUS device, the capacity of the 10 batteries is distributed between two circuits, which, even independently from each other, are able to supply the device with energy at a hundred per cent. It means double safety. (With other battery-powered devices, there is a high cost of battery replacement every 3 or 4 years.)
- For the devices we distribute, the purchase of lithium batteries is much easier than battery purchase for other devices, as lithium batteries are available in the retail trade. For the devices we have deployed so far, the average battery life in standby mode is 4.5 years.
- THE SOFTWARE OF THE ZOLL AED PLUS DEVICE CAN BE UPDATED, and this software update is provided FREE at the same time as the annual maintenance (while with other devices the software cannot be updated in every case. What does it mean? In case of a change in the resuscitation protocol, if the device’s software cannot be updated, the only solution is the replacement of the device, and this is a very high cost!)
- Our device has a TRAINING FUNCTION (instead of the original electrode, we connect a simulator set during training, which makes it easier to train new persons. The training electrode looks the same as the electrode that comes with the device. The entire process can be exercised individually in a realistic way.
- It contains a built-in infra port (connected to a PC, the time and duration of resuscitation, number of shocks, etc. can be checked, and it can be used also with a training program for educational purposes). Resuscitation data can be saved: ECG, etc.
- A pediatric electrode – called “Pedi padz” – can also be connected (to be purchased separately), which may be used for the resuscitation of children under 25 kg weight (for other devices, pediatric electrodes are not always available).
- We provide you with a FREE portable carrier bag.
ZOLL AED Plus semi-automatic defibrillator
In the case of sudden cardiac arrest, assistance is rarely immediately available, so basic resuscitation is the responsibility of the person at the scene of the collapse. After 4-5 minutes, irreversible neurological damages are already developing. If the victim’s heart is stopped at the moment the ambulance is alerted, the victim has no realistic chance of survival without resuscitation. The average ambulance arrival time in Hungary is 10-15 minutes.
Even as a layperson, start and maintain artificially vital functions (with good quality chest compressions) as soon as possible, place the electrodes of the AED device and follow the instructions until the advanced help arrives.
ZOLL AED Plus semi-automatic defibrillator: a simple, easy-to-use device.
It can deliver an electric shock, but only when necessary.
AED PLUS: FULLY SUPPORTS THE LIFE-SAVER
A COMPLETE ROUTE MAP FOR RESUSCITATION
A unique combination of graphical interface – lights, graphics, subtitles, voice prompts – and feedback helps the rescuer with every move.
Sequential execution of tasks is ensured (including, if necessary: the possibility of quick defibrillation).
It is easier with an integrated pair of electrodes:
The usual AEDs come with two separate electrodes, while
- The ZOLL AED Plus works with a single pair of electrodes built together (CPR-D padz).
- It can be quickly positioned and placed and is clear in an emergency.
- The CPR-D padz has a 5-year warranty (the longest of any electrode on the market today).
RESUSCITATION OF CHILDREN
- It can be used to resuscitate children up to 8 years of age or 25 kg body weight.
- To do this, a Pedi padz electrode must be connected (optional).
- The device recognizes that the saving of a child is in process.
- The energy level of the shock will be modified.
THE REAL HELP
Interactive feedback on chest compressions
- For adults, 100-120 bpm and 5-6 cm depth are desirable (to maintain adequate blood and oxygen flow).
- Adaptive metronome sound indicates the rate of compressions.
- The depth of compression is indicated by a voice prompt (“Press harder” or “Good compression”).
- The depth of compression is also shown graphically.
- ZOLL AED PLUS monitors and helps create the right compression.
- ZOLL rectilinear biphasic waveform
- Complies with international professional guidelines Free software update
- Superb protection against dust water (IP55 rated).
- Self-testing function
- Batteries: AED Plus is the only AED that works with commercially available lithium batteries. They are easy to replace. The batteries will last for approximately 4-5 years in standby mode
First aid at the workplace training topics:
1. the concept, general rules and legal aspects of first aid
2. use of materials and equipment (contents of first aid box) for first aid purposes
3. notification of the emergency care system (ambulance call)
4. symptoms of STROKE
5. examination and care of an unconscious person (stable side-lying, practical training!)
6. theory and practice of complete basic life support (BLS), taught with an original defibrillator:
– examination of the unconscious person in several steps
– exercising chest compressions and airflow
– how to professionally take turns in saving a life when tired, alternate chest compressions
– practice chest compressions via the sensor in the electrodes with a simulator set
7. care of upper airway suffocation caused by a foreign body
8. types of bleeding, haemostasis (signs of internal bleeding)
9. primary wound care (wound covering and dressing, types of wounds and their care, burns, frostbite, injuries, theoretical and practical training!), electric shock
10. positioning of the victim, modes of laying, moving, transporting
11. internal medicine accidents, toxifications
12. preventing accidents in different jobs
Download in PDF